Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swim Lessons

I have to say we were all sad to see swimming lessons end. I bet Austin was happy to not have to sit in 95 degrees for 30 min. The boys loved it! I could not believe how much the boys improved just in the 2 weeks! Luke loved his teachers and would do anything they asked him to do and then would do it 2 or 3 times in a row...kind of a lesson hog.

I was not sure how lessons would go (having a 4 week old was not going to help). Luke really wanted to take them, but Blake was not big on the idea. I kind of forced him to do them, but with love. After the first day they both could not wait to go again. Blake always complained that they were not long enough. I think we might sign up for another session next week!
Luke with his swim class Luke getting ready to do his back float

Blake & his kick board skills

Blake mastering his arm strokes

4 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

I loved swimming lessons. Ah those were the days, swimming madly at the SCERA swimming pool when I was a wee lass. Look at those boys of yours! They look so dang grown up! Now let's get you enrolled in Mommy and Me with Austin....he's been in water for 9 months, he should be a natural!

The Cook Fam said...

My kids just finished yesterday! I too am so glad that we did it. Londyn had regressed a ton since we took off from CA. I think I may try and keep her in a class throughout the year just to keep from going back so much. Glad your boys loved it!

Tara said...

Could Blake and Luke come teach Alec-he is a swim lesson flunkie. Nope, not kidding! I take full blame since I haven't taken the kids swimming in years past, but I will do it more!

Stephanie said...

what little swim pros! i never did get jackson enrolled, maybe this fall...