Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter

This year for Easter was my single-mom week. Chad was in St. Louis for work, so I was not on my game. I didn't do any of the things I normally do. No dying eggs, No new Easter outfits, No egg hunts. (I think I have started a new tradition) Thank goodness for Grandparents!! They were on their game, and went above and beyond for the kids for Easter. Thanks for picking up my slack. The boys had so much fun.
Austin loved shaking the eggs.
Luke obeyed the "just look" rule until he noticed Blake was having chocolate for breakfast. Then he quickly joined in.

Easter morning the boys were able to "look and not touch". There was no way I was going to take 3 boys all hyped up on sugar to church all by myself. Blake saw the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg and went to his happy place...the one where you can't hear mom talking anymore.

What is it about having to wear the basket on your head? Every year we have photos like this. Next year I am getting my kids Easter Bonnets. I think that is what they really want.

Grandma splurged and got the grandkids new Easter baskets. My boys loved that their names was written on it.

Uncle Casey putting the eggs just out of reach. It's more entertaining for us "adults" this way.

Austin cruising around



The little egg hunters.

2 comments:

Shad and Brittany said...

Your kids are SO adorable!!! Too bad those tornados didn't keep the hubby home!

I am sitting here alone at work and blog stalking everyone i know!!! HA HA HA!!! We need to work together again. I was REALLY looking forward to working Tuesday nights with you, but no such luck!!

Later my friend!!

(ok it is late, I'm alone at work this means wierd crazy comments from me!!)

Brittany

Tara said...

The "happy place" for Blake is HILARIOUS! My kids must be in their happy place 24/7 cuz they sure never hear me! We did NADA either for Easter-no dyeing eggs, we didn;t even go to Church! No regrets either.