Monday, December 20, 2010

Stringing the Lights

Every year we let the kids decorate the tree, and they help Chad put lights outside. Well, they stand there and watch him and keep asking when they can plug them in. This whole ritual is always the same:
  • Assemble tree.

  • Cry because lights never look right.

  • Chad saves the day, gets the lights perfect 1st try.

  • Kids decorate...only have ornaments on the bottom half.

  • Kids redecorate it everyday till Christmas.

This year was different. I got a new tree! Pre-lit. Snaps together in 3 parts...no more putting on every branch. Plus a little added bonus....a rotating stand. I had no idea it had this little feature, kind of reminded me of my grandma. But who cares, with how long Chad and I keep trees I will still have this beauty when I am a grandma. Then I can take full advantage of all the bells and whistles this baby came with!

The finished masterpiece...bring on the holidays!

The boys being wild while waiting for me to break out the ornaments.

Luke was carefully placing all his ornaments in the same spot. He thought they looked better like that.

Blake got the hang of it this year, and made sure we had ornaments all over. Thanks buddy!

Luke got to place the star on the tree this year. It took about 5 mins because he didn't get that he had to really smash it on there. I'm sure Chad's arms were killing him.

No comments: