Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Labor Day

We had a good time staying home for Labor Day weekend this year. I think we thought we were going to go do something really exciting, Chad even took some vacation days but we never really got around to making plans. But our last minute plans ended up being a good time!

We decided to go hiking. There is a good kid friendly hiking trail just a mile or two from our house, that leads to a waterfall. We made Craig and Kristi come along for the fun.

Our first sight of the water. Luke and Justin wanted to get close...this was their only option. Their dads are so funny...I was not a fan of this.

Blake and Savannah thought it was cool that we came across this cave.

Here is Craig and the kids at the top of the waterfall. Notice Craig pushed a stroller all the way there. I told them it was an easy trail, but it had been years since I have hiked up here so I was hoping I was not a liar!
Our view of Pleasant Grove from the top.
Blake at the bottom of the falls. By the time we hiked down this kid was soaked!
He couldn't resist the water.

Success!

To end the fun Blake and Chad camped out in our "backyard". Blake thought it was so cool that he and Chad got to sleep outside and Mom and Luke had to sleep inside. Yes, we are really adventurous like that.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That is so cute that they slept in the backyard! Sounds like a fun hike, where is it exactly?