Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Out of the Loop

Okay, I have a dirty little secret....I do not have a Facebook profile!! (gasp) This has never bothered me before. I get "invites" all the time from friends who are on "begging" me to join. I am just lazy...and kind of afraid that people will come out of the wood work that I am not sure I want to reconnect with. But Chad is cool like that and has a profile. So every once in a while I log on his account and check it out (never give me your passwords, I will use them).

Recently...okay today, I found out that even my Dad has an account!!! Seriously?? He is not the social type. He could care less what people are "doing right now" or would rather people not know what he is doing. I had to click the profile just to make sure it was him....sure enough he even has a handsome profile picture.

Then that leads me to questions...is my dad cooler than me...am I the last person on the planet over five who does not have a Facebook account?? What am I left to do? Join? Forget about it? Come to terms that yes, my dad, is cooler then me and has more friends? Wow, I'm not going to lie, kind of a blow!

8 comments:

Tara said...

COME TO THE DARK SIDE! I PROMISE IT ONLY HURTS FOR A LITTLE BIT...
Sorry to hear about your dad being cool. My Stake Prez also has a profile.

Dottie Stay said...

You are the coolest person I know. When Deron's mom friend requested me I dang near shat myself. The last thing I need is her knowing about my potty mouth. :)

Mandie said...

No you are not the only one who's dad is cooler than you! I am also one of those people! I think if I had a facebook account I wouldn't get anything done.

Jessica said...

As you have seen lately I haven't blogged in forever. Personally, I think Facebook is so much easier than blogging. Especially since its so easy to upload pictures right from Iphoto, add comments, and tag people.

Holly said...

If your dad is cooler than you he must be freakin' awesome cuz I think you're the coolest thing since sliced bread! I've reconnected with old college friends, so I think it's good...it also allows me to keep track of Josh and HIS friends.
But, no matter what you decide, you'll always be cool to me!

The Cook Fam said...

Kirst! I just joined facebook about 3 or so weeks ago! And I do think you should join. I certainly have not done everything that lots of people do on it. I got suckered in for a few days but then realized I was letting it get in the way of other things I REALLY was supposed to be doing. I still enjoy hoping on every few days or so to see if I've missed anything in the lives of those I know. But I'm with you on all the people popping up that you don't really know you want popping up. Kind of crazy! Anyway, good luck and let me know if you have a profile I can check out on facebook! :)

Becca B said...

Kirsti i like you don't have a facebook account either...but knowing that your DAD does...phew that brings it to a whole new level! I might have to breaK down and get one...naaaaaa, thats just one more thing I would have to do! how the heck are you anyway?

Russ and Megan said...

I'm with you! No facebook for me either. I just can't bring myself to do it. I can barely keep up with the blog...and yes, greg is definitely cooler than me--he's been on facebook I think for a good while now. :)