Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Blake!!






Yesterday was Blake's birthday. He was so excited for his birthday this year and everyday for the last couple of months he kept asking me if it was his birthday yet. He even starting asking in his prayers if his birthday could come earlier this year. But all along he kept telling me exactly what he thought his birthday should be. He had very specific ideas and expectations, it was starting to make me worried that I would not be able to meet the expectations. While I was decorating his cake he told me that maybe he should do it so I didn't mess it up, because only he knew what it should look like. So with a little team work we got it decorated and he thought it looked the "coolest". We had a little get together with family for cake and ice cream, he had a blast and got a lot of presents. Thanks to everyone for all the loot and for making his birthday so great!

3 comments:

Andy and Lynne said...

that is a great story. i love the cake, you can come and make ava's next weekend!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I can't believe he is 5! Amazing!

Dottie Stay said...

Uh, good thing he was supervising. The cake is awesome! I love that little guy. He really is the greatest, and such a good friend and a wonderful boy. Happy Birthday Blake!!