Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy 8 Years!



Happy anniversary Chad! Can you believe it has been 8 years? Wow, who would have guessed that when we first met back in 1995 and I stuck my foot in my mouth....big surprise I know.....that we would have made it here. Thanks for hanging with me for probably the longest two years of your life --1998-2000. Then I decided that my life would not be the same without you. I love you and can't wait for more memories and good times!

Some of our highlights over the years:

2000- Finally landing the boy of my dreams! (…it only took me two years). Chad’s dream of going to a PGA tournament, and we even made money doing it.
2001- Going on our first cruise.
2002- Trip to Mexico City. I think this was the best vacation we ever went on. Remember the fresh pina coladas, the little taco shop, and the fresh squeezed orange juice from the street vendor?? Need I say Mariachi Band?
2003- Blake was born.
2004- Year of travel: San Diego, Phoenix, Lake Powell, LA, Seattle, Albuquerque, Dallas…and I am sure there was more.
2005-GRADUATION!!
2006- We bought our first house!! Surprising you Christmas morning….really making you think I was messing with you and then you getting teary eyed. I love to surprise you!
2007- Luke was born
2008- ....it's only April....let's see, I got my new car.....I'm sure summer will bring something exciting. (if winter ever leaves)

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 8 years already! I'm so glad I've been able to watch you clowns from the beginning :) Thanks for being the best cousins ever. Love you both! Enjoy your anniversary!!!

Kristi said...

Aren't you glad it didn't snow on your wedding day like it is today! I am honored to see that Mexico City was your best vacation yet. Good times!

Happy Anniversary!

Russ and Megan said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Can you believe it was 8 years ago when good old Greg was trying to serve pancakes at your wedding?! Time sure flies! :) Hope you had a good one!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Wow! Unlike the rest of your comments I CAN believe it has been 8 years! It seems like you have always been together- and that is a great thing! You make such a great team! Happy Anniversary!!!

Scott and Megan said...

yippee ky yi yeah! That was the best day ever...because you became my cousin and we kicked Chad to the curb!!!lol xoxoxo

Dottie Stay said...

The best thing that Chad has ever done hands down!! You are the best and I just love you! I couldn't ask for a better cousin, and I am not talking about Chad. Although he ain't to shabby! Th pics of the boys below are the greatest! Those two make me want to jump hrough the pictures and squeeze those handsome devils. The pic with their back to the camera is the best! Perfect little craniums!

Andy and Lynne said...

you guys still look just as good. i am so glad i have got the chance to know you guys, you are so fun to be around!! congrats!

Chad Colyar said...

Megan and Mindy, thanks for the comments on who you really like better. Now I know where blood stands on your priorty list. I think I've just re-evaluated who my favorite cousins are.

Pead Family said...

Congrats you two! That is so great, 8 years! You have done so much in those 8 years. Chad, good job hanging in there waiting for your woman! You guys are the cutest couple!