Thursday, August 11, 2011

Garden

This is the first year Chad and I have ever attempted a garden. We mainly did this because we wanted the kids to learn to work. So this has been their project from the beginning. We took them to the store to pick out what they wanted to plant.
They planted it.
They weed it.
They harvest it.
The plus to this is that they don't mind doing it. Work in disguise.

This has been fun for all of us. I am amazed at how well everything is doing. The boys get excited every time there is something ready to pick.

Here is what they picked last week.

The mighty garden

Watermelon

Zucchini and Cucumbers

Corn

Strawberries

Cantaloupe (7 growing!!)

Sugar Snap Peas

3 comments:

Tara said...

Don;t you love it? And it tastes so much better than store-bought.

Scott and Megan said...

I love your work in disguise. You crack me up!!! Cute little men you have!!!

Dottie Stay said...

SAWEEET! the boys are fantastic, and I can't get enough of them. Austin is so big! I thought it was luke in the water with chad for a second. Holy cow! Time is flying! WHOA! They are all so adorable in the splash pad. You guys have been livin it up this summer! I didn't expect anything less! Love it!