Back in September Chad finally got to participate in LOTOJA. He and Craig trained for this all summer long. They put in thousands of training miles to prepare for the big day. Kristi and I got to go along and be their support vehicle, meeting them along the way to provide food, water and to shake the cow bell for encouragement.
Chad's goal was to finish the race in under 12 hrs. He was a bit disappointed because he was able to finish in just over 12 hrs. I thought he did amazing and every time we saw them they were going strong. This race was so fun to be apart of. This was a huge goal for Chad, and something he had wanted to do for a couple of years. Before the race we had talked about this being a one time thing...but now that Chad has done it, of course he wants to do it again. A) being he wants to beat his goal of under 12 hrs and B) he loved it! I am so grateful to my mom for taking Blake and Luke while we were gone. This is not something that would have worked well with kids. Austin was only 2 months so he got to come along.
(the only action shot I got. When we saw them I was too busy shaking the cow bell and yelling out the window that I forgot to take pictures)
2nd feed zone and about 1/2 there.
Just after Chad crossed the finish line. I would have been on the ground after the 206 miles. He was walking around like it was no big deal.

Just after the longest climb of the day. He acted like it was no big deal that he had just climbed for almost 100 miles.

1 comment:
He is TOUGH!!!! And what the freak is Chamois Butter? Sounds a little riskee!!!! YOWZA
Post a Comment