Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heck Yeah I Did!

Every year I seem to amaze myself with the domestic skills that I pick up. This year I did the unthinkable and did some canning for the first time. That's right I said canning! My friend Tracie and I canned our very own spaghetti sauce. And it tastes amazing! I remember when my mom would pull out her canning stuff I would run for the hills. I wanted nothing to do with it. After doing it, I found out it was not that bad. From start to finish we were done in 2 hours. Maybe I can handle it if it's not an all day deal.
Then today I picked up some strawberries and busted out some freezer jam. Not to brag, but Chad loves my freezer jam. So when he came home and the laundry still had not been put away the fact that I made my homemade jam put a smile on his face.
Who knows what kind of skills I will come up with next.



6 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

I am not surprised at all! You can do anything, and everything you do is wonderful my friend! Those pics of Austin are PERFECTION!! I mean honestly! He looks like a little angel all soft and smooth and perfect! They almose look like paintinsgs not pictures! Who did them? Jill? The lake looks like a party. You are amazing for doing all these fun active things. I can barely get through the darn day! Oh what precious men you have. I just love them, and I love and miss you. I need to get back where I belong and with my better halfs! Tell Chad good luck at LOTOJA! Yowsa that's a long time on a bike seat. But hey you already have three kids so you're good. :)

Dottie Stay said...

PS..LOVE the top picture of the three amigos. Austin looks so grown up and aware! He is ready to take on those two older bros!

Tara said...

Domestic Diva!!!! WOWZA! I need the recipe for the spaghetti sauce. My friend gave me one but it seems pretty labor intensive! Martha Stewart better look out!

The Cook Fam said...

Way to go Kirst!!! Look at you! I'm really really impressed with the sauce. Maybe someday if I feel as inspired as you've clearly been I'll ask you for the recipe!

Andrea Templeman said...

Nice work! I canned some salsa this year. Want to swap a couple jars?
I did freezer jam as well. My mom came over one day and showed me how to do it. I think she is tired of me shopping in her pantry.

Stephanie said...

yum, we need jam! Kevin has a birthday next month, hint hint. Glad it didn't take 3 weeks like grandma took with those pickles, I can still smell the damn things.