Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First time for everything

Yesterday the boys and I went to visit my parents. The girls decided that we would all go shopping. I had planned on taking my boys with us but my dad insisted that they stay and hang out with him. No worries right? My dad seems like a responsible adult. He has watched my kids before. So we girls left.

We returned a few hours later with this conversation when we walked in the door.

Me: Dad how did it go?
Dad: Good. I took the boys sledding.
Me: Wow. I bet they loved it.
Dad: Um, yeah...
Me: What did Luke think? He has never been before.
Dad: He liked it until he crashed.
Me:What??

Then he let me see Luke...

Me: What happened?
Luke: A bush hit me!
Dad: He can't really steer a sled yet I guess.
Me: Why didn't you ride with him Dad?
Dad: Are you kidding, that hill was way to steep for me!





4 comments:

Diana said...

That is AWESOME! Such a guy thing to say:) Good thing little boys are so tuff!

The Cook Fam said...

Ryan and I are cracking up. I guess we just know your dad too well! Funny stuff!

Stephanie said...

LOL!!! That is so funny, you better start teaching Luke to ride a bike before spring just in case your dad set's him free on a two wheeler!

Jenn said...

Best. Story. Ever.