Last night I was exhausted! I had been watching my sisters kids, and I tell you I'm just not cut out for 4 kids I guess. But in my own defense, it's like having 2 sets of twins. I had a 5yr old, a 4yr old, a 21 month old, and a 20 month old! Things were going as smoothly as possible with 4 kids. I put Luke down for his nap like usual, but about a half hour later he was still not asleep, but he was not crying so I didn't want to go in. Then an hour and 15 minutes had passed and he was still not asleep, just happily talking to himself so I thought maybe today he was just not that tired. I don't know why, the kid has croup and bronchitis--the thought of having that makes me tired!
Then 7:30 pm rolled around and I went and put him to bed. He didn't make much noise so I figured he had fallen asleep. So then I just quickly gave the FHE lesson I had somewhat planned (a new goal for me), and then got Blake to bed. By this time it was 9:30 pm and I was climbing into bed. Yay! Then about 10:00 pm Luke decided that his "nap" was over and he was awake! Chad and I (well mostly Chad) tried to get him to go back to sleep and stop screaming--no such luck. Then a little after midnight Chad took him downstairs to see if his favorite show would finally put him out. He put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Luke was finally silent, but only because he was really into Mickey and the gang.
As soon as it ended, he was off the couch and wanted me to come with him. This is where I drew the line! What was the deal, Luke has always been a great sleeper. After all it was now almost 1:00 AM, he had been up for about 18 hours with no sleep. I picked him up, grabbed a cup of milk, put him in his bed, shut the door, walked into my room turned off the baby monitor, and got back in bed. Not sure how long he was crying for, I was asleep. Just a little side note Luke, we DON'T do all nighters at our house! And it was so nice to see you bright and early this morning at 7:15 am, at least one of us had a smile on!
5 comments:
Sucks to be you! But we are in the same boat. Parker does not believe in sleeping too. Dr.S said to let him it out.Kind of hard when he is in a room with his 3 brothers. Best of Luck!!!
Welcome to the Club! Alec hasn't every really slept from day one, so I feel your pain!
ha ha ha! What a stud.
Let's let that be Luke's little secret. Don't even think of telling Justin!
Cute new layout!
Oh gosh!!! This is the EXACT same thing that Jackson has been doing too! not sleeping and being up all night with no thought of being tired... How about we rent them a hotel room and lock them in! Or better yet- lets sleep there and leave the boys with Kevin for a sleepover!
Post a Comment