Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wahoo!!

After 10 weeks of training I can now run for 30 mins! In the beginning I thought this would have been much easier for me. But sometimes it was really discouraging to get up early in the morning and head to the track only to have the 70 year old man lap me!! (same man every morning) And when I would see him running it looked like he was barely moving his legs. The only thing I could tell myself to keep me going is that he has been doing this everyday for the last 20 years, and I'm just a beginner. So with my upcoming 5K on Thursday I thought I would go out and see what I could do. My goal was to get my three miles in 40 mins or less...I am really slow. So Monday Chad and I set out for the "big run". And to my surprise, it was not as hard as I thought and I completed my run in 33 mins! Thanks Chad for hanging with me at my pace, I know it felt like a Sunday walk for you. So now I am gearing up for the big race in the morning all I have to do is get my race day music on the ipod.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Good Job Kirsti! Your going to be doing half-marathons before you know it.

Tara said...

I think you're Superwoman. I would be dying after running for 10 seconds! Give me 4 months and I'll see what I can do!

Michele said...

Good Luck girl! Power to ya! Well, if it 's the music I know you have, you'll do even better! :)