While we were in California we were able to fit in a lot of stuff. We were able to spend a day at Newport Beach, and surprisingly the weather was great! The water was a bit chilly at first but after a bit it was really not that bad--even Luke got in up to his chest! I love the beach, but the only down part is that the beach always comes home with you! I found sand in crevices that I didn't even know Luke had!
We were not planing on hitting the Disney parks this trip because it was so short, but then we found a great deal on park hopper tickets that we couldn't pass up. So we did California Adventures in the morning and Disneyland the rest of the day. And might I mention with no lines, we only had to wait 5-10 minutes for each ride! November is the best time for Disneyland, the weather was in the 70's and no wait!
The best part of the trip was seeing my kids get to play with their cousins. It is always a non-stop party! The "big boys" seem to play so well together and the things they come up with to entertain themselves are hilarious! This time it was the human slingshot! They spent most of their free time playing this!
Human Slingshot
I didn't even make it half way on to the beach before Blake was already in the water.
Luke lovin' the sand!
The waves at the beach were HUGE! Chad and Ryan thought they could catch some but I think they just ended up getting beat up. Chad you look nice in Ryan's slim fit rash guard!
Blake and his new favorite pose!

Luke showing his appreciation for the beach...all smiles!
California Adventures

After the Grizzly Bear Rapids ride, Blake got off the ride and said "I loved it and I'm soaked! Check me out mom!"

Luke enjoying his theme park adventure.

Luke and his new shades. Gearing up for the Bugs Life 3D movie.

Family photo.
8 comments:
I'd have to say we sure had an awesome time with you guys here!! We hope you don't wait too long to come back. We will do what we can to make it there for the holidays. Halloween was so much fun with your fam. And of course the beach and the blessing and the magical world of Disney (all except for those almost 20 minutes of heck while Camden browsed the hat store - we found out tonight during our FHE on being safe/stranger danger that the security guard entertained Cam by telling him they would take him to see Mickey Mouse). We love you guys and had such a great time with Blake and Luke. If only we lived close to each other! We miss you already!!!
By the way, I love the new picture at the beginning of the blog!!! Super cute. Who'd you say took those? Love it!
I am so jealous! How fun for you guys! I have to wait a whole year before I get to go! Your family is so cute! B.T.W. how you likin' your CD?
Fun vacation! We are headed there this weekend. Hopefully we don't freeze. I don't think we will since it's not even cold here!
Looks like you had a great time! The beach pictures were so cute as well as the handsome skeleton and cowboy!
what a fun trip! Don't you love having family in so cal?
How fun Kirst! I miss you. I didn't even know that you guys went to Cali. Ooo that little Luke is edible!
man thanks for the invite!!! I see how it is. How fun for you guys! Good to know that November is the time for Disneyland! miss you lots
Post a Comment