Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Motivation.


Like many of you know I have started running. And I am proud to say I have made it to week 6!! Hooray for me, I can now run for a solid 9 mins! This sounds lame I know, but for me this is huge. I started out at only being able to run for 3 mins so this is progress. But now I am in need of a little motivation.

I started out with a short term goal of making it to the Turkey Trot 4 mile run Thanksgiving day. If I made it to this then I could get a new running outfit, sounded really nice at first because I found some cute running gear. But now the thought is fading and I am okay running in old sweats and random Noni shirts.

So here are my goals:

  • Turkey Trot Nov. 27th

  • Moab Half Marathon Mar. 21

What should be my reward or motivation? What do you people do to keep going? Oh, and I am also in need of some new music to run to, any suggestions?

8 comments:

Diana said...

That is awsome! I do not think I could run even 3 mins if I ever decided to get off my lazy crack! I enjoy my soaps and bonbon's way to much!!!!

Jessica said...

Can't go wrong w/ some Black Eye Peas or Fergie, Gwen is great and some Neyo. Dan and I are thinking of doing a Turkey Trot ourselves. Too bad I'll have to do it in a snow suit. Keep up the good work.

Michele said...

Kirsti I just have to say YOU GO GIRL! I really think you should let me make you a CD of great songs. Anything you don't like? As far as motivation goes, can't help except for the music thing, it's motivation for me.

Andrea Templeman said...

What was week 5? Run 9 Walk 1??

I think your motivation should be a massage at a nice spa and a pedicure.

The Cooking Schaack said...

Way to go!!! Treat yourself to some new tennis shoes after you do the run. Then you can break them in for your half marathon. Keep it up!!

Nicole said...

Watch a movie about running. I.E. Chariots of Fire. Then download the soundtrack. Very motivational. Way to go! I love running!

The Cooking Schaack said...

While Alli says treat yourself to some new shoes I say reward yourself with a nice bowl of ice cream. Nelly always gets me going when I run :) After nine minutes I am shaking a little more than my tail feather. My whole body is shaking.

The Cooking Schaack said...

While Alli says treat yourself to some new shoes I say reward yourself with a nice bowl of ice cream. Nelly always gets me going when I run :) After nine minutes I am shaking a little more than my tail feather. My whole body is shaking.