Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is The Search Over?

Well I have been on a vacuum search for about 5 months now and have tried out several options. I got my first vacuum when we first got married and I think we paid about $60 for our awesome Dirt Devil! It was actually an okay vacuum, no real complaints. But when it stopped sucking I thought that I would venture out and get one that worked on carpet as well as hard floors.
(I have a fair amount of tile)
So I tried out:
-Hoover Wind Tunnel- it was okay, but was not sure on the bagless idea.
-The Hoover Wind Tunnel Cyclonic-bought this one because of the online reviews, but didn't think it had very good suction, and once again bagless. I decided that bagless was too messy for me and there was no Clean way to empty it.
-Kenmore Canister Vac- really liked this little number, it did awesome on my tile floor and had a bag--all a plus. BUT my house is much to small to have something following me around I kept getting cornered by the thing.
-Oreck- well all I have to say is this thing is light weight which was nice but there is no way this thing could pick up an 8lbs bowling ball...it had no suction!
-Eureka SmartVac- this is the one I am currently the owner of. And it has all the things I wanted so far. Bag, good suction, and does hard floors.

Thanks to many of you who participated in the "vacuum survey" and to the good people at Costco for letting me return them. I think that I have found one that I am going to try and keep for more then a month now. Last night I got my new vacuum and this morning I went crazy and did my whole house...not hard to tackle about 1200 square feet. But I loved it! It has this stair attachment that is called the Power Paw, and tell me who doesn't want to clean with this little gem? It shaves all the little carpet fuzzies right off.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel your pain. My vacuum is on its last suck and I'm dreading trying to find a new one. Thanks for writing down your experience.

Kristi said...

Hip Hip Hooray! No more vacuum talk and research!!! jk You will have to let me know what you think of this jem with attached Power Paw because Carina's vacuum broke last week and now that is what we talk about when we run.

Stephanie said...

I agree- the bagless canisters just make more of a mess when you try to empty them. I'm glad you did all the consumer testing for the rest of us! Thanks!

The Cook Fam said...

Really??? I know that any day now mine's going to stop kicking. It's still picking up stuff but sounding awfully sick. You'll have to keep me posted on your like with this one cause I may follow your lead on this one when mine is officially dead.

Jamie said...

Soooo, do you even work at Alpine Pediatrics anymore? I haven't seen you for like a month and Thurs nights aren't the same!!!!

Tonia said...

I love my " the animal" by DYSON! It is bagless, but it doesn't bother me. Suction is awesome and it does tile as well. I love the stair attachment as well. I am glad you found one you like, that always helps when it is time to do those pesky household chores!