Thursday, May 1, 2008

Telos Timp Triathlon






This is priceless....Chad in spandex!!


Chad now has a new love and it's Triathlons. He has been training for these crazy things since about August of last year. He has been able to do these with his brothers. He first started doing these with Craig but soon they got Danny to join in the madness. Watch out Kevin and Casey you're next. This Tri was the second one that he has done and he loves them. This last one he did he placed really well, I think that he was 25 over all and 8th in his age division, and he even beat his time from the last one. Go Chad!! He has a big one coming up this next weekend in St. George and this time he will have to do the swim in open water something he has not done yet. Our friend Casey got them into Triathlons, he does them all the time and has taken 1st place in both that Chad has done. Chad has been so dedicated to working out and training he has even lost about 25lbs. But now I am starting to feel like I need to workout and get into shape, so my new goal is to train for a 5k. We will see, I am the type of person that likes to workout only when the weather is warm, and so far it's still cold...so maybe when we move to a warmer climate!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to GO! You guys should have called us, we would have gone and watched... I hate to tell you though, I think Kevin would rather start training for a worlds hungry man contest instead of a tri.

Chad Colyar said...

Thank you honey. You found me out and exposed my weakness, it's not really triathlons, it's spandex. What can I say....I LOVE SPANDEX!!!

Scott and Megan said...

oh my starry-eyed surprise...could there be anything better than seeing my fav cousin in spandex?? um that was truly a special photo moment. On another note, I really am quite impressed with his dedication and passion for this insanity! I would do a triathalon totally--if i could be the one holding the little plastic cups full of water :) Go chad!! (Kirst, get more black mail shots for sure next time!)

Dottie Stay said...

My eyes, my eyes!! I just called my therapist, and he said he could fit me in. Love ya chad, and you are a handsome fool with your new haircut. Now, what do I have to do to become your fav cousin, I heard that Megan is in first place. Wrong, just wrong!

Dottie Stay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Cook Fam said...

Chad good luck in St. George! You'll do awesome. Hey you should look for one to do in Cali. We'd totally come see you. I'd love to see the spandex first-hand!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Okay I am SUPPER impressed! Go Chad! Good luck in St George! A couple of years ago Trav and my brothers did one in California that was called "Dam Sprint" (it's on a Dam) and thy all said it was their favorite! How fun!

Russ and Megan said...

Go Chad! That's cool. You've inspired me. I totally want to do a triathlon!! But I guess I need a bike. :) Something to work on. :) Good luck in St George!