
We just returned from my Grandfathers funeral in New Mexico. I have not been real familiar with anyone close to me dying until now. The last funeral that I attended was probably Chad's Grandma Nielsen and that was in 2003. So it has been a while, and my kids have never been to one. It was actually a really neat experience, very sad and hard to see someone you love so much go on to the next life, but an amazing experience to be able to honor the person for life they lived. My Uncle's are very good at wood working, something that their dad had taught them and they were able to make Grandpa's casket and since the girls are amazing at sewing they made the inside lining. It was so amazing to see a part of each one of his kids put their final touch on their dad's life.
4 comments:
hey kirsti condolences on that. Ya, I only really have experienced death with Grandma nielsen (and the luncheon when your ass was huge:) NEVER possible)...even though patients around me die all the time. It still is kind of weird and sucks!xoxo
I am glad the trip was a good one. Not to fun to go for that, and I am so sorry. It is so neat that we have the gospel so death isn't so final. The casket is beautiful, and your writing is so profound! Much love to you!
Wow that is so neat that you guys could put that personal touch on his casket. I've never seen that, and unfortunatly i've been to quite a few funerals. I guess thats a drawback to working with the elderly.
Wow, that is amazing! I can't even imagine being talented enough to do things like that. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.
Post a Comment