Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Vacation

I just love the movie Christmas Vacation, you know the one with Chevy Chase. Usually Chad and I love to settle in on Thanksgiving night, blow the dust off the VCR, that's right we still have it on VHS...you can never get rid of a classic, and bring in the Christmas spirit with laughs! This year however we were a bit late and did not get around to watching it until last weekend. But it was worth the wait because we got to watch it with are friends the Stailey's who know a good thing when they see it! Here are some of our favorite lines;

"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark."

"What are you looking at?
Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... a jerk in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer... [Eddie, in the driveway, is draining the RV's toilet] Crapper was full."

"Now don't go puttin' none o' that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head?""Ah! How could I forget?""I had to have it replaced, because every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd wet my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour or so. So over at the VA, they had to replace it with a plastic one, and it ain't as strong, so... hehehe... I don't know if I oughtta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brain but a piece of government plastic, hehehe.""Hehehe... you really think it matters, Eddie?"
"Well, see the plate runs right underneath the part here. See, over here, nothing. But, here if this gets dented, then my hair just ain't going to look right."

"So, when did you get the tenament on wheels?Oh, that uh, that there's an RV.Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it? Yeah, it looks so nice parked in the driveway. Yeah, it sure does. But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month."

"You're pretty set so far as shopping goes?" "Well, I can't lie to you Clark. The truth is, things ain't going too good at all. You know I told you I borrowed the RV from my neighbor? Nope. It's mine. We live in it. I had to sell off the house, the barn, the ten acres. All I kept was a 50-foot plot, the pigs and the worm farm. If only I had back the money that me and Cathrine sent that TV preacher." "His kids can fend for themselves. "No, your kids." "Oh, well, that's the hard part of it. See, I don't know what to do. We coasted into town on fumes. The gas money give out in Gurnee. " "Eddie, Ellen and I want to help you give the kids a nice Christmas." "Oh Clark, I couldn't do that." "No, no, we insist." "Oh, no; I'm not one for charity, now." "Oh, I know that Eddie. This isn't charity; it's family." "Ooh, I don't know about that."

"Now, come on; if you don't tell me what they want, I,ll go out and get it on my own." "Oh boy, this is a surprise Clark. This is just a real nice surprise. Just a real nice surprise. Here's a little list. Alphabetical, starting with Cathrine. And if it wouldn't be too much, I'd like to get something for you Clark. Something really nice."

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Shutty! You have internet now??? I am so happy for you! I have to admit I love Christmas Vacation too. I watched it the other night when it was on tv. Love it!

Chad Colyar said...

Dang, someone beat me. I was trying to figure out how this stupid blog stuff works. Anyhow, way to go honey. Everything looks good.

NOW GET BACK TO CLEANING THE HOUSE!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Everyone minute of that was fantastic! I can't believe that you know all of those lines! Now yu ill need to give good ole Nacho a tribute!

Scott and Megan said...

damn that was funny and chad's comment is fantacular too! "get back to cleaning the house..." love it! Oh, it's so good to finally have you here on the blog...mwah!

Kristi said...

Lovin your new background. It is super fancy pants!

Isn't Christmas Vacation a "farse"?

Carrie said...

Okay I went and purchased the movie. We watched it and loved it. I can't believe I have never seen that. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.